Monday, June 9, 2014

Software Dump

A non-comprehensive set of software that I rely upon daily.

  1.  Chrome- Not necessarily better than Firefox, but I've got all my stuff on here.
    (Has viewed 903 unique cat pictures this week.)
        <Web Browser>
  2. Spotify- Most of my music selection has been sent to the cloud (for better or worse).
    (Listens to literally only one playlist.)
        <Cloud Music Player>
  3. Scrivener- You don't need scrivener to write, but by god does it help.
    (Totally Not Stockholm Syndrom.)
        <Writing Suite>
  4. Steam- Also known as my Dota 2 updating service.
    (577 lifetime hours recorded. Utter noob.)
        <Gaming Platform>
  5. Notung 2.8- Shameless work plug. I hear it has a GUI too, but I haven't seen it in a while.
     (Yes, I know 2.7 is beta, and 2.8 is dropping next weekend.)
        <Phylogenetics Engine>
  6. Python 2.7- Yes, I know there's a 3.0. Give me another 6 years and I'll switch.
    (aka I'm glad the industry uses this so I don't have to learn another.)
        <Programing Language>
  7. Emacs- You could use a different word processor. You could also be wrong.
    (Totally Stockholm Syndrom.)
        <Text Editor>
  8. Powerpoint- Also known as the devil's drawing board.
    (Source of at least 8 hours of rampant cussing and 1 therapy session this week.)
        <Presentation Editor>
  9. GIMP- When I, who have no visual-artistic skill, need to draw something.
    (Man. I really wish I knew how to draw.)
        <Image Editing Suite>
  10. Fugu- When I am too lazy to just ssh in and scp stuff over.
    (Ooooo... drag and drop.)
        <SSH client>

No comments:

Post a Comment