Thursday, January 8, 2015

Post-Break Clean Up

Spent most of work today learning how to use git from a couple of different sites while my tree building software ran. I think I'm going to try and get a repo set up on GitHub that contains some of the tools I've developed so I can easily work on them and transfer them to new computers.
(I'm using this tutorial here, and it seems pretty good for a crash course.)

Most of what I have currently is just pipeline Bash scripts or really specific data manipulation python code. It'll be a good exercise to go through and empty out my junk drawer and see what actually useful code I have lying around. I know most of it is just adaptors and widgets, but maybe there'll be something interesting I can dust off and clean up.

I've learned so much in the past year, I'm just a little worried to look back on my code and see how awful it was/is. It'll be good to review it and move forward I think. More like mid-winter cleaning than spring cleaning, but I think that's probably for the best to get it out of the way before classes start to get too intense.

Probably going to spend the rest of the day catching up on reading literature for my thesis with the all important coffee break at 4. (Not that I haven't had enough coffee today... probably should have made a half pot instead.)

No comments:

Post a Comment